cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrating Axis A8105-E and CUCM 12.5

JimBCC
Level 1
Level 1

We have an Axis A8105-E and CUCM12.5 and trying to get the Axis Doorbell to work. So far I have followed the following guide found here. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYFH7LvUZPA

We ended up creating a new Region and Device Pool and associated the Device with Device Pool. The region required a max session bit rate for Video calls to 2048. We are now getting Audio and Video on our Cisco Phones 8845 and 8865. However, we are unable to get DTMF tones to pass to open the door. Has anyone has success with integrating Axis A8105-E and CUCM?

8 Replies 8

Emmanuel Akum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

Did you manage to resolve the issue? I'm currently experiencing the same issue.

Regards,

Yes I did. Under the doorbell I had to go under VOIP>SIP Settings>DTMF payload type and changed from 96 to 101. This number I believe is set under the SIP Profile on the SIP Phone you created in CUCM.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

Many thanks!  Our voice vendor could not figure it out and once again thank you community!!!!

Thanks man for the Fix. You saved me hours of troubleshooting

Your welcome! Glad I could help.

I set the payload type to 101 but still the device receives no DTMF. If audio and video is working Is there anything else that can block DTMF?

Under Phones find your device you added. Search for SIP Profile and click view Details. My "Default MTP Telephony Event Payload TypeRequired Field" is equal to 101. Your setup may be different. I am using the Standard SIP Profile. 

Also are you sure that the DTMF is not being received? I have mine setup so that when I press a key it opens the door. I than setup another event that when when the Door is Active and it terminates the call. So users don't have to hang up after opening the door. I can confirm my DTMF is being received by pressing the button to open the door and the call terminates. If this happens it means I have a hardware issue between the doorbell and the door.