Views
Helpful
Replies

INTER-BRANCH COMMUNICATION

isaaco001
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Community,

Am setting up inter-connectivity  between three branches. The main branch branch 1 which has E1 connection to PSTN ,branch 2 and branch 3.Only branch 1 and branch 2 have a call manager running CUCME, with MPLS connecting branch 1 and branch 2.

I will soon  interconnect the two branch 1 and branch 2 using voip dial-peers. Now,will the E1 connection be able to connect branch 2 to PSTN? that is,will we have incoming/outgoing calls to branch 2 from my main branch? Though i have not yet set the interconnection i have my concerns because the dail-peer connecting the two branches is a voip dial-peer and branch 2 may also need a pots dial-peer to work,please advise.

Also i want to register a IP phone on branch 3 to the main branch over the internet.I think it has to do with port forwarding am not certain how it will work.Will i do port forwarding on the main branch and also on the branch 3 where i want to register the phone?please advise.

Thanks you all.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You'll need to configure voip DPs from BR2 to BR1, as they want to dial, do whatever digit manipulation that may be required, and just make sure that BR1 gets the digits so that they match the DPs you have for PSTN.

As for calls coming from that E1 to br2, that will depend on your config, if you're going to configure DIDs from that E1 on BR2, then configure the necessary dial-peers to re-route to BR2, if not, then it will be according to the digit manipulation you want to happen.

If you want to register a phone from BR3 to other site, either you need a WAN/MAN, or a VPN.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Okay BR1 starts with digit 1 and BR2 starts with digit 3 and both have 3 digit extension numbers and would normally operate with this kind of dial-peer:

BR1:

dial-peer voice 100 voip

destination-pattern 3...

session target ipv4:xxxxxxxxxx

BR2:

dial-peer voip 300 voip

destination-pattern 1..

E1 PSTN dial-peer is as follows:

dial-peer voice 7 pots

translation-profile outgoing cucmepstn

destination-pattern 2T

port 0/1/0:15

I dont understand how i will match a 2T destination-pattern on E1 dial-peer  and also be able to connect to BR1 and BR2,though i have an idea as shown below since most national PSTN numbers are 10 digit numbers.

BR1:

dial-peer voice 100 voip

destination-pattern 3..........

BR2:

dial-peer voice 300 voip

destination-pattern 1..........

Thank you.

Assuming you also want to use 2 as the leading digit, configure a voip DP pointing to the other ISR, and as this is VOIP, you won't strip any digits, and it should match that DP you posted to the PSTN.

What you need to configure, will be entirely up to YOUR dial plan and dialing habits.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Okay i will try this, for BR3 connnectivity ,when you say WAN/MAN or VPN you mean those kinds of connections except the internet.Right?