Views
Helpful
Replies

Interconnect Offices

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

HI

I work for a company that just acquired several smaller companies and they have asked me to figure out how to interconnect the offices so that you can just pick up the phone and dial the 5 number extension and get the person you want.For example my company is in Texas and the other company is in Georgia.I have no Idea how to do this so any help that you can give me I would greatly appreciate it.Thanks in advance and have a great day.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

They should have had you do the upgrade from 7 to 8, and saved the consultant for the real work.

Good luck, but I'm not sure how much free help you are going to get for your project.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You have not mentioned what phone system exists at each location, but since you are posting on a Cisco forum, I will assume that at least one of the locations has a Cisco phone system.  If that is the case, and this is in all seriousness: get yourself a Cisco partner who can do this with you.  There is a lot to consider here, and you'll learn so much from the partner during this migration to a Unified Communications architecture.

http://tools.cisco.com/WWChannels/LOCATR/openBasicSearch.do

As a matter a fact we are in the process of going through a UC upgrade now from 7 to 8 and I recommended that we keep this consultant on so that we could get this accomplished as well but they said."No we would like you to work on this and figure out how to do it yourself.I myself just started this job and I was hired as a R&S guy and they needed someone to take over the voice and since I have my CCVP as well they don't want to hire another voice person.I know how to to basic stuff in CUCM but honestly I'm more of R&S than Voice. So I've bought all kinds of books on CUCM,CCX,Presence,IP Mobility, Microsoft Lync.Pretty much anything that I can get that will get me up to speed on how to work indepth in voice but what they want with the interconnection of the offices that's a little more than just reading a book. I have until April to get the office part done so hopefully by then I can come up with something.

They should have had you do the upgrade from 7 to 8, and saved the consultant for the real work.

Good luck, but I'm not sure how much free help you are going to get for your project.

if you can post a diagram with some details describe numbers, system types and needs

i can point you out where to look and read and give you some hints how you can do it in brief to save you some time

I really appreciate you offering to help, I will get as much info about the questions that you are asking and I will definitly get back to you. I won't be able to get any info until Monday but as soon as I get it I will reply back to the post and thanks again for offering to help I really do appreciate it.