Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internal Caller ID showing correct name but wrong number

So we are running CUCM 14.0.1, this is an odd one I'm lost on.

user calls internally to a 4 digit desk Phone from 8744 Phone model 8865.

receiving Phone "also an 8865" caller ID shows the correct name R Peterson but wrong EXT "4631"

I have looked at the caller ID config on line 8744 and all field are configured correctly for internal and external calling. look up EXT 4631 and its not even configured for that name in the caller ID. The name R Peterson is on two phones as there are two employees that have this name. 4631 was an old number for first user until they moved to a deferent department several months ago. Is there a database that I'm missing and need to refresh/cycle for caller ID?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The name and number internally should be coming from the Alerting Name and the DN on the phone. (Unless there is a transformation CSS on the host phone altering the CLID maybe??) The only other thing I can think of - especially if Jabber is involved in some way - the the Telephone Number field on the End User account. This would require the End User be the owner of the phone and also associated with the DN on the DN configuration page....so it's a long shot.

Take a look at the call using the Dialed Number Analyzer. That tool will show you how and where digits are being manipulated as a call is flowing through CUCM.

Maren

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

The name and number internally should be coming from the Alerting Name and the DN on the phone. (Unless there is a transformation CSS on the host phone altering the CLID maybe??) The only other thing I can think of - especially if Jabber is involved in some way - the the Telephone Number field on the End User account. This would require the End User be the owner of the phone and also associated with the DN on the DN configuration page....so it's a long shot.

Take a look at the call using the Dialed Number Analyzer. That tool will show you how and where digits are being manipulated as a call is flowing through CUCM.

Maren

There was a transformation on the number thanks for the tip on where to look. I had missed that setting.