cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internal numbers showing on caller ID.

trainedloser
Level 1
Level 1

We have agents that occasionally will dial out with their internal number to customers. Our system is setup to show the same number for all outbound calls, however, certain phone systems somehow detect the internal number, and show the caller id incorrectly. How the heck do you stop this?

Example.

Agent dials my cell phone from internal number, my cellphone rings (***) *** - 3300, like every outbound call from our organization.

Agent dials certain customers from internal number, their phone rings with (***) *** - 4300(which is owned by a tv station) Customer cannot talk to the media, hangs up on us.

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you looked at your dial plan or used DNA to see if the calls go the same way out??

You can easily determine if this is something you're doing or if this is a telco issue by doing some debugging in the gateway and looking at the SETUP messages you're sending.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

The calls are all leaving the same number. I talked to somebody on the remote end who could see a users internal extension, and they were running Cisco Communications Manager. Does cisco slip some sort of extra call detail in between hard phones that these are picking up?