Replies

Interval between digit when making a call to PSTN

Yopie Lianto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I have CUCM with call flow below,

CUCM --> H.323 Gateway (VG) --> PSTN

I have route pattern to mobile phone with pattern *.123456 and CUCM will send all the digit to VG and then VG will do the digit striping with translation rule to remove the (*). This setting already work fine without problem.

Recently the user want a change in the pattern to make the call cheaper using a special access code(18007) form the PSTN. The behavior from the access code is when we call directly to 18007 the PSTN will ask us to enter the Phone number and then they will forward the call to the Phone Number that entered before. the user didn't want to enter the phone number after making call to the access code(18007), to fix this I try to change the (*) that have been removed before to 18007, so the pattern that we send to the PSTN is 18007123456. The problem is although we success make a call to the PSTN using the new pattern which is 18007123456, PSTN still asking us to enter the phone number.

After discussing with the PSTN provider, to avoid the problem above they want us to add a 1-2 second interval between 18007 and 123456 when we send the digit.

I already try to add something like , . / - @ # between 18007 and 123456 when making a call to the PSTN but it's all failed.

My question is, is it possible for CUCM/VG to add an interval between the 18007 and 123456 when the the user only need to press *123456 to call the mobile number.

I hope you all understand what I mean :D

Very appreciate any helpful thought about this case.

Thanks and Regards.

3 Replies 3

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Yopie,

Only way you can do it in CUCM is to create a speed dial and add pause for delay, check below for help.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/126846/pause-speed-dial-cucm-9x

https://supportforums.cisco.com/video/11932936/pause-speed-dial-feature-cucm-9x

(Rate if it help)

JB

Hi Jitender,

Is there no other way except using the speed-dial? since the user will use this for all the mobile and local number, so it's impossible to use speed-dial to fix this problem.

Thanks and Regards.

Hi Yopie,

No other way to infuse delay on CUCM.

JB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: