Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Cisco Softphone Line/Device CSS Approach

Hi Guys,

Im reading cisco SRND 8.x and I came across with this note:

The priority order between line and device is reversed for CTI devices (CTI route points and CTI ports). For these devices, the partitions in the device calling search space are placed before the line calling search space in the resulting calling search space. Therefore, the line/device approach cannot be applied to CTI devices such as Cisco IP SoftPhone unless you are careful not to rely solely on the concatenation order for pattern selection but instead ensure that the desired blocked pattern's precision is greater in all cases than that of the permitted pattern(s).

So I tried it in Cisco PEC Lab which uses call manager v5 only. I created 2 same route pattern for International PSTN - one is allowed (SJC-Intl-CSS) and the other is blocked (SJC-BLOCK-Intl-CSS) .

When I placed the SJC-BLOCK-Intl-CSS in the line settings and SJC-Intl-CSS in the device settings,  calls to International were denied but if I reverse the scenario the calls were allowed.

Is the cisco note valid for cisco ip softphone where it says that partitions of device css is placed above the line css? Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Michael,

Keep in mind that this snippet refers to OLD Cisco softphone which was CTI based, it has been discontinued for quite some time ago. This does not apply to today's softphone options such as IP Communicator, CUCI-Lync, CUPC, Jabber, etc.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

One both patterns block and allow are same line CSS will be considered first

That's why always allow all on the device CSS

And block as desired on the line CSS

Same concepts with CTI route points and CTI ports also for soft phones

Hope this help

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Michael,

Keep in mind that this snippet refers to OLD Cisco softphone which was CTI based, it has been discontinued for quite some time ago. This does not apply to today's softphone options such as IP Communicator, CUCI-Lync, CUPC, Jabber, etc.

HTH,

Chris