cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator - No Audio on Occasion

chris.fernald
Level 1
Level 1

Our company is using Cisco IP Communicator 7.0.5.0 over Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Version 3.1.01065.

When one individual calls another, the call is connected but there is no audio (we do not use any video features).  This occurs only when we dial extension-to-extension.  The workaround is to hang up, dial the main number through and outside line (i.e. dial '9', first) and enter the person's extension number at the voice prompt.

This situation occurs in 3 'flavors':

1) Some folks never experience this problem at all.

2) Some folks have this problem on occasion.  No discernable pattern can be established.

3) Some folks experience this problem all the time.  In these cases you wouldn't even bother call the person extension-to-externsion because you might get connected but you'll never get any audio.  For these folks you're better off starting with the aforementiond workaround.

Does anyone else have a similar problem? 

FWIW, I'm an applications programmer, not a communications guy.  We've reported this to our comm/networks folks and they always deflect or defer it so it never gets resolved.  It would be great if someone could give me some pointers as to how to address this effectively with our network 'gurus'.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

\cbf

1 Reply 1

yenlung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, u might want to check when during VPN, can the
internal network reach the VPN address or
VPN address reach another VPN address

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App