cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP communicator performing bad on windows 7

Chavdar_Baramov
Level 1
Level 1

Basically the problem is that there is some kind of disturbance (like jitter), that started occurring on some user PCs after their upgrade to Win 7.

There are other PCs in the same network segment that are still on Windows XP that are working just fine.

I suspect the reason is that the IP communicator can`t get the required resources from the windows with priority, so my question is - Is there any method to increase the IP communicator priority?

Relevant software versions:

IP communicator v. 8.6.4.0

Windows 7 (32 bit) 

CUCM 8.0.3

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

1) Please test by closing all the extra applications and

2) if you are using Cisco IP Communicator over a remote connection (for example, on a VPN connection from home or a hotel), voice quality is probably suffering from insufficient bandwidth. Enable the Optimize for Low Bandwidth feature ( right-click > Preferences > Audio tab.)

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

1) Closing all extra application is not an option (and they are not that much anyway)

2) No the connection is direct. Also Optimize for Low Bandwidth feature disrupts call recording in ICM.

It takes just one application to cause issues with another running application. However, if that's not an option and you are testing with direct connection then if you are meeting the requirements as per

Table 1 Minimum and Recommended Requirements for Cisco IP Communicator

of the following link and still facing issues then you should engage TAC for further troubleshooting

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cipc/8_6_4/CIPC_BK_C6B0FEBA_00_cisco-ip-communicator-864-release.html#CIPC_RF_S2A2955C_00

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

In my original post I described that the same PC running with Win XP (with less memory) is performing just ok, but with windows 7 it is worse (even with more system memory, because i upgraded those). 

I think my only option is TAC if someone does know what exactly cause this or how i can "give" more resources to the communicator.

Hi,

Did you check system diag. How is the CPU and Memory for the enduser machine.

Don't compare with XP. They run using totally different architecture. Win7 deduct 4GB of memory just for VGA card.

If you want to set priority, look into task manager, select CIPC service and set affinity for the process.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: