cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone 7821 call log icon overlapped by VM icon.

manojkataria1
Level 1
Level 1

IP 7821 phones display overlaps missed call logs icon with voicemail mwi icon . Is there a way to separate or disable this icon so that only Call logs can be seen ?

7 Replies 7

kkoeper12
Level 3
Level 3

I don't think there is a way to separate the icons but if you want to disable the missed call notification go to the line on the phone and towards the bottom uncheck the box labeled Log Missed Calls.

Alternatively you could disable to MWI notification on the phone screen by changing the Visual Message Waiting Notification on the line to Light Only.

Thx kkoeper12 for your reply! I just changed the notification on 2nd Line and separated the MWI on the 2nd Line.

Dear manojkataria1,  I have same issue how did you solve it. Could you please guide me step by step. I already did the change of  Visual Message Waiting Notification on the line to Light Only but the icon of the voice mail still there on the phone screen  so it will not let me to see my miss call if I already have voice mail unless I have to listen to my voice mail the the miss call will appear.

Hi zidjali,

I added 2nd line for the user phones in CM and pointed the MWI for that voicemailbox to this 2nd line in UNITY.

With this all voicemail indication gets diverted on that 2nd line and call log information for Line 1 does not gets hidden/overlapped from MWI icon.

Sorry, I cant the screenshot since, I right now do not have access to customer site.

Manoj

Can u let us know in details how to configure 2 line for voice mail and first line for miss call for 7821 phone

regards

Balbir SIngh

Hi Balabir/zidjali,

I had very basic setup at my site. I will explain you in brief, for example:

we had extn 5000 in CM. Issue as per requirements was with Line 1 - 5000 ... the phone model 7821 displayed icon of missed calls. But in case, if there were  voicemail messages on same extension configured in unity connection , would push MWI light as well icon on same line overlapping the call log/missed call icon.

for this issue/requirement-

My phone(7821) line 1- 5000  -which is configured with voicemail capability within unity, with additional configuration I had added line 2 - 5001 on same phone device.

Within Unity I changed the Voicemailbox configuration for MWI - settings to end the MWI on extn -line 2 5001.

So what happens with this setup is when call log history- missed call icon comes on Line 1 - 5000 and voice mail messaging - MWI icon will come on Line 2 - 5001.

I hope this will clarify you , sorry I do not have access to system so could not share complete details on same.

Hi manojkataria1,

I got you but the problem each user has to take two DN at same time we have huge numbers of users that they have same issues. So they will not accept this solution. The beast solution if we can disable the icon of voice mail from the device itself and make the indicator on the handset. Any idea !!!!