Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone 8841 firmware upgrade for CUCM 9.1.2

We need to add IP Phone 8841 in CUCM 9.1.2, in CUCM 9.1 8841 IP phone is not available. so we are upgrading the firmware for 8841 - https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286255327&release=10.2%281%29&flowid=54174&softwareid=282074288

Please confirm it is right firmware  ?  also we need to do the upgrade activities in both PUB and SUB or upgrade PUB alone it is enough ? Please advice.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok.

It's a pretty old release.

Before installing any dev pack, I suggest you to upgrade to the latest release and than apply suggested dev pack.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming you're looking to add support for a new device, no, that's wrong

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/CUCM_FAQ#Adding_support_for_new_endpoints

If you're actually just looking to add a new FW for a device, then, install on all your TFTP servers.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Adding 8841 FW is best practice or install device pack for CUCM 9.1.2.10000 is best practice please advice.

EXACTLY, what are yo trying to do????

Have you read the link that I posted???

A DevPack has several purposes, a FW just one, there's no best practice, it depends on what you need, and you need to understand when to use each one, do you understand the difference between them???

HTH

java

Customer Setup is CUCM 9.1.2, in the device drop down list 8841 device is missing.

To add this device 8841 in CUCM 9.1,  please let me know the best practice.

You need to install the DevPack, make sure to read the README as I explain in my wiki.

The link I provided, already has all the info you need. Please make sure to read it before further questions.

HTH

java

HI.

As Jaime is correctly saying (+5 J) , there is no best practice on that, there is only one way and is to add a device pack available on the link I posted above.

Device packs add to cucm the availability of ip phone models that wasn't previously listed.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Hi.

You have to install a device pack to add that 88xx model to cucm 9.1.

You can find it at this link https://software.cisco.com/portal/pub/download/portal/select.html?&mdfid=284510097&softwareid=282074299 

HTH

Regards

Carlo

In CUCM 9.1.2.10000, I am not able to add the phone 8841, do we need to install device pack or SIP IP Phone load for 8841.

Device pack is upgrade all the IPPhone firmware, we need to add only 8841 device alone. Pleas let me know the best practice.

Carlo, I had download the software and mount on vsphere client, but in CUCM I am getting the below error:

Unable to mount the local file system. This could be caused by a corrupt ISO file. For example, FTPing the ISO file to the remote server in ascii mode would cause this error.

Please advice.

Ok.

It's a pretty old release.

Before installing any dev pack, I suggest you to upgrade to the latest release and than apply suggested dev pack.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

I had download the software and mount on vsphere client

EXACTLY how are installing the DevPack???

HTH

java

I starting to upgrade to latest relase in 9.1 and then I will upgrade device pack

Hi.

Instead of mounting the iso to vsphere, choose FTP/SFTP option to upload dev pack file to CUCM.

Try it and let us know.

Carlo

We are able to mount ISO image "UCSInstall_UCOS_9.1.2.14900-14.sgn.iso" in vsphere and able to install, could please let me know why we need to use SFTP for device pack alone.

Please advice.