Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone Boot Loop

So I Have A 7961 And When i power It On It Just Keeps Rebooting This Started After I Factory Reset It Is It Fixable Or Is It Dead? I Have A Tftp Server And I Added the Phone To CUCM!

6 Replies 6

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What messages are you seeing on the screen? Can you get to the settings menu to see if the phone is getting an IP address, TFTP server, etc.?

Brandon

I See The Cisco Loading Screen And The Upgraing Screen No I Can Not Get To The Setting Menu!

Was this issue resolved. Do you see upgrading firmware or any screen showing firmware related info.?

i see the updating screen and than it goes to the cisco screen and loops and no not resolved

This means that your phone isnt able to download or install the firmware. Start with checking the ip of the ipphone then verify tftp port access between phone ip and server. Next make sure that you have correct firmware version in tftp server and same configured in device defaults.  you need to make sure that correct option 150 is configured in dhcp

I Can not get the IP Of The Phone Without The Phone Settings And How Do I Check The TFTP Port Acess And How Do I Get The correct Firmware In The TFTP Server