cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone Boot up Process

RoyceSarusal
Level 1
Level 1

I recently added/configured a 8845 model phones on my CUCM 10.5.2 for the first time. The phone registers fine but customers complain of not being able to call out or answer ringing inbound calls from our commercial ISP (calls within the cluster are fine). My connection to my commercial ISP is SIP trunk operating in secure mode.

I believe the problem is that I do not see and therefore cannot choose a secure profile on which the 8845 can be configured. The only profile options I have are (1) Cisco 8845 - Standard SIP Non-Secure Profile, and (2) Universal Device Template - Model Independent Security Profile.

This is only my suspicion of the problem but other models work fine as long as device security profiles are the Secure Profile choice. Can anyone confirm this to be an accurate suspicion? Is there any resolution available such as an updated device package that may have a secure profile?

Any and all help is appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You are correct sir, thank you. I copied the settings of another model (8841) secure profile to a profile for the 8845, and it works now.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

The secure profile choice I think was someone configure these custom when they set up your system. Please send a screen shot of one, I would just copy it for the 8851 if that is your concern.  Not sure what they are changing there. So the phone actually rings when someone calls it from the PSTN now however people can't pick it up, or the call doesn't actually get there. Calls not being able to be made outbound could easily be a CSS issue, and calls not coming in could be a partition issue or DID number issue.  Can you see the call ring inbound to your CUBE router? There is a cube router right?

You are correct sir, thank you. I copied the settings of another model (8841) secure profile to a profile for the 8845, and it works now.

Please mark as solved so others with same will know

Looks like you already did thanks!