Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone redials last number when taken off hook

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

In a rare occurance when a user lifts the handset it redials (like a PLAR) the last number dialled when it is not wanted or configured in this way. The only way to fix this is to disconnect the phone from the network and reconnect.

I have not been able to replicate or determine what triggers this issue so far.

The phone model is 7975G

Firmware is: SCCP75.9-1-1SR1S

CUCM Version: 8.5.1.12900-7

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That`s a bug in the load- Ref Cisco. When you access the down load page look for the latest phone load and one  of the resolved issues was the "autodial" problem as above. Though saying that I just installed the same load as above for testing and it did not happen

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This may be a stupid question but have you done this yourself? Or is this something you have heard from the user but have not seen directly. I ask simply because in the default softkey template, the Redial softkey is near the handset and there is a possibility the user is hitting the key by accident.

It sounds silly but I recall a time when numerous help desk tickets would come in with users saying that they couldn't hear a dial tone from the handset. Upon investigating the issue we found users often didn't put the handset in the cradle properly.

Now, if you have seen it yourself and/or are positive this is an erroneous supposition then please disregard.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

That`s a bug in the load- Ref Cisco. When you access the down load page look for the latest phone load and one  of the resolved issues was the "autodial" problem as above. Though saying that I just installed the same load as above for testing and it did not happen

Thanks I found bug ID relevant for the firmware version

CSCtj76712 -  Call is auto dialed when pressing speaker in an idle phone

This also does occur when picking up the handset as well, I have seen a user do this and even left the handset off the hook. Also used my thumb to take the phone on and off hook several times and it will auto dial every time until the phone is reconnected to the network.

But fixed in 9.2 so thanks again.

Foldron2002
Level 1
Level 1

Had the same problem, found that was the cleaning team (household) when dusting the phones.

The lady was dusting and hitting is order "CallFwrAll" then "Redial"