Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone Unregister

jeniferdcosta1
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I am not able to find one of the corporate phone now from call manager I want to know when it was unregistered.( date & time) ,, Is it possible from the call manager end??

if not from call maanger side then from  Network switch end. i dont have a syslog server who is collecting the link up/down logs, if i would have a syslog server then from the specific switch i would have come to know the disconnection of the phone by mac address and link down,

thanks

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can download the Application logs from RTMT for the node to which the phone was registered and search for device unregistered event with the mac address of the phone. It will contain the time stamp as well.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

there is no real easy way to find out when it unregistered. you could look at the trace files, but since you have no timestamp, it will be virtually impossible to find when it unregistered (if you are debugging that levele of detail at all).

what about on the switch, and check the port status?  did the phone power down at all or did it just unregister.

you could go to the IP address of the phone in a browser and check the phone's local log, to see if you can pick up an event that indicates de-registration.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.