Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phones FAC

Dear All,

i ahev some extensions configured to dial outside ( LD calles ) with FAC code and everything is fine

but i noticed that you can dial from any of those extensions and you dont have to use extension spesific code ( any

code will work if its configured in CUCM FAC )

how i can prevent this

please help me

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, that's just not possible and there are no workarounds.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Vipul Jindal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hello,

to configure extension specific code, you have to create a lot of CSS and partition, please refer to below document

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a00807d11d4.shtml

Restrict Only One Phone to Use FAC

Complete these steps in order to restrict only one phone to use FAC to make long distance calls.

1. Copy the route pattern configuration for that LD pattern and put it in a new partition that can be only accessed by that phone.

2. Create a separate Calling Search Space specific for that phone, which also includes the LD partition.

3. Enable FAC for that route pattern so only the phone in question is required to enter the code.

thanks,

Vipul Jindal

Please rate, if this helps!!

Actually Regarding the configuration all are correct , my Q was i need to Bind each IP phone to its FAC code only

How do you enable FAC at the phone level vs DN level?

After:

- Require Forced Authorization Code is checked in the Route Pattern(s),

- FACs are created for each employee,

- Partition & CSS are created.

I would like to assign the correct CSS to the phone(s) to allow any employee to dial LD calls using their own FACs, but it is not working.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Please let me know if I skipped some steps or overlooked some configs.

Thanks,

Art Martinez

No, thats pretty much it, just check the checkbox and create the FACs, check your CSS partitions again. Make sure you're actually hitting the FAC enabled RP.
You dont tie FAC to phone or DN level, you choose the FAC enabled RP via the CSS, either at DN or device level.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you mean you want to bind a FAC/CMC per phone and that you cannot use it in any other phone, that's not possible. Any phone can use any code as long as it's configured previously.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Actually this is what i wanted , Single phone and single code

is there is any work around to be done ?

No, that's just not possible and there are no workarounds.

HTH

java

HTH

java

thank you for your help ,

actually to avoice misuse i configured Extensions Mobilty for the users

and they are happy with that , ( its much better than keeping the phones in the drawers after office hours LoooL