Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phones to initiate a call matching a DN

raj_nages
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,..

I would like to know is there a way I can make the IP phone to dial a call to a matching DN, once the digits are entered in the ip phone but the dial button is not pressed? I will grateful for your reply.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

goranpilat
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

If I understood you correctly, you can accomplish this simply by picking up the handset or turning the speakerphone on prior to dialing the digits. In that case CCM is evaluating the dialed digits after each digit is pressed.

Regards

Goran Pilat

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

goranpilat
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

If I understood you correctly, you can accomplish this simply by picking up the handset or turning the speakerphone on prior to dialing the digits. In that case CCM is evaluating the dialed digits after each digit is pressed.

Regards

Goran Pilat

tobin hawkshaw
Level 1
Level 1

If you are using an older type A SIP phone this is the behaviour out of the box, its only the newer SIP phones that use KPLM (read a digit to CUCM one at a time).

If this is the case you need to create SIP dial rules and apply this to the phone, this will allow the phone to evaluate the number dialed and foward the digits en-bloc (all at once) you should also set the timeout for dial rules to 0.

otherwise you will need to provide the model of phone, protocol you are using etc..

Hi Tobin,

thanks for your prompt reply, I'm not using a SIP phone here, Its Cisco 7962 using SCCP.

hi,

I have registered my ip phone cisco 7962 as SIP device and have created a SIP DIAL Rule

1. Dial parameter= pattern

2. value= 5....

and have assigned the dial rule for this device, still when a 4 digit extension starting with 5 is dialed, it doesnt dial automatically,pls advice.