Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Telephone Support

emtechadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Cisco Voice soltion required for one of our customer.

They have 80 users.they need meet me ,mobile support,call reporting ,auto attendent ,call conferensing facility.They are using 24 analog lines

so which device i can suggest for them? anyone help me to prepare a detail plan for this project

Thanks in advance

Sreejith

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1st of all, and most important of all, you must have the telco convert the 24 analog lines, to a single ISDN E1 PRI line.

That is not optional, is mandatory. If you don't do this you will have a true nightmare in managing too many expensive analog interfaces. Note that for 80 users, you will just need something like 10 ISDN channels, not much more. That will allow you further savings.

Note, even if telco will say you have to wait, not easy, etc, you must insist. The digital lines are available anywhere in the world.

After that, you can use an UC560 that has all and does everythingready, or an ISR G2 router with CME, for which you have to buy additional parts, licenses, etc. In both cases, you should have a reputable consultant or certifed Cisco partner, otherwise if you try to do it yourself you are likely to waste much time and make costly mistakes, and come out with a poor result for your customer.

thanks for your reply.

can i use vg 224 for converting the lines ??

No. The VG224 is used for FXS ports (e.g. fax machines, modems, etc). Analog ports facing toward a carrier are FXO ports.

I have clarified my post above.

Telco converts the lines, not you.