cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to add an analog phone on VG320 to CER

jamesernest
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to figure out if it's possible to get CER to acknowledge the existence of a VG320 as an analog phone. In our environment we have alarms and dialers that rely on analog lines provided by gateways that call 911. The problem is that because all emergency calls are routed through CER, this gets the unassigned device ELIN.

Where I'm having issues is the VG320 itself has a 10 digit MAC address, and each line has its own MAC but they are 13 digits long. CER will only accept standard 12 digit long MAC addresses. They are not detected when CER does a subnet discovery for phones, and as far as I've been able I can't add the phone manually because the MAC is longer than the text box allows.

Other than changing the call routing to avoid CER and register the correct ELIN with the telco, is there any way to assign an ELIN to a device with a 13 digit mac?

Hopefully Cisco addresses this issue in a future software update? (Hint-hint, LOL)

Thanks in advance for any help!

1 Reply 1

TomMar1
Level 3
Level 3

Have you tried ERL Membership > Manually Configured Phones?

This is how we add analog devices hung off a VG320.  We just add the Line Number, Location and ERL Name.

Seems to work for us.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: