cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to have sound in both hears with headset and IP Phone 7940 ?

SebFP
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
My question is : is it possible to receive sound in both hears with this phone ?

If yes what do you suggest as a good "clarity sound" solution for a low price ?

Actualy we have an adaptator rj9 or rj11 > 2 audio jack and a Sennheiser headset.

The sound only comes in one hear (except if I try to move the connector but it's random and inconsistent)

Thanks in advance for your help !

4 Replies 4

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Yes, it is possible to have sound from both sides of the headset if you are using compatible headset with your Cisco 7940 IP Phone. There are may third party vendors including Sennheiser. You need to make sure the headset is compatible with your Cisco 7940 IP Phone. You can use below URL to check Sennheiser headset compatibility with Cisco 7940:

https://sennheiser-headset-compability.herokuapp.com/

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Thank you for your answer.

If I understood well, this is not a problem with my connector but only the bad headset.

Then I looked at the Sennheiser and Jabra compatible headsets but way to much expensive for me. I tried to order one on amazon and let you know if it works weel.

It sounds as if you have a stereo headset.  I expect you could find an adapter that would take a mono output and send it to both channels.

Hi Tony,

This could be an option indeed but I can not confirm.

Just for information I've bought a Wantek headset (Binaural Y602C1) for arround 30€ and it works very well. Not sure that it is the purest sound but it's very good and ok for me. 

Thanks again all for your help !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: