cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is that possible to create a customized softkey which combine a several nomral softkeys?

gulawrence
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

A group of my users need to pick up calls from other call pickup group. Their normal operation to pickup a such call is: lift handset, press MORE, press Gpickup, enter a 4-digit number, and press ANSWER.

I changed the default softkey sequance and reduced one step. Still, this is a lengthy process. Is that possible to create a customized softkey to combine all those sequence into one customized softkey?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm pretty sure you cannot create your own softkeys for the normal states of the phone: e.g., Offhook in your case.

However, you can create IP Phone Services which have softkeys, and those keys can do whatever you want.  So, one suggestion is to create an IP Phone service which presents the user with a menu of groups to answer the call for, and upone selection executes the necessary steps to answer that groups call.

Link to SDK

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/product_data_sheet09186a00800925a8.html