cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a way that I can Point Unity to a Exchange Server?

wallace-nelson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I wanted to know if there is a way that I can point my unity to an exchange server that is already setup?

The purpose is so that we will be notified by email on Exchange when a voice mail is left in Unity.

Is this Possible with the current Exchange server that we currently have?

If so can you point me in the right direction.  & if Not can you point me towards some docs. that will

break down the process of rebuilding Exchange

1 Reply 1

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello -

You did not mention what Unity version you are using, but I think this guide will still show you the steps.  Subscribers can configure this option themselves if you provide access to the Unity Assistant web page or also by phone (but the web page makes it a lot easier) - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/405/administration/guide/ex/sag_0170.html#wp1150199

You should be able to use your existing Exchange server, which most likely has SMTP enabled.  You can confirm this by entering this command from your Unity server cmd line - telnet x.x.x.x 25 (replace the x's with the IP address of your Exchange server).  You should see a Hello/HELO message back which confirms you connected OK to the SMTP port.  It is safe to exit from this cmd line.  Follow the instructions and test with your account.

Hope this helps, Ginger