Views
Helpful
Replies

SIPDefault.cnf file for SIP phones

iananderson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any one could point me in the right direction regarding where I can find these two .cnf files required for getting a Cisco phone to register with Call Manager via SIP..

I am requiring these two files...

SIPDefaultGeneric.cnf      ( to be renamed to SIPDefault and uploaded onto CM )

SIPConfigGeneric.cnf

The download links on the Cisco website only seem to give me the .load and .sb2 files..

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks..

Jon.

4 Replies 4

These are my files example.

Regards.

Cool.. thanks very much for this.. I wil give this a go and let you know if it works..

Regards

Jon.

Why do you need these files? just add the phone as SIP to CUCM.. These files should be taken care of by the CUCM automatically!

/divin

PS:Rate only useful posts!

Hi Guys,

Thought I would give an update of where Ive got to with this..

First of all, thanks for sending the .cnf files.. much appreciated.

Ive now run into a problem where Im not sure if my phone is correctly taking these .cnf files and am unable to fully debug as the phone keeps automatically resetting after every rejected registration. ( approximately every 15secs )

I'll start from the beginning..

We are running CM 7.1.3 and all our phones are currently using SCCP..  I am looking to get a single phone onto SIP for testing purposes, so have download SIP software version 7.5  ( P0S3-07-5-00 ) from the Cisco website.

I have read through multiple documents and blogs out there and they all state that these downloaded files need placing in the root TFTP directory on CM, however I have just come across this document http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7960g_7940g/sip/7_5/english/administration/guide/sipins75.html which says that the .cnf files need to go into a sub directory on the TFTP ?..

from the doc...." Configuration files reside in a TFTP server subdirectory (you specify the location of this subdirectory with the tftp_cfg_dir parameter). "

This seems to go against where all the current preloaded .sbn, .sb2, .load files are store on CM.. All these appear to be stored in the the root of /  ( unless / is actually the subdirectory referred to above ? )..

In any case, my phone is failing to register with CM with SIP.

1/ on bootup, it says that it is using P0S3-07-5-00.load which matches what I have stated in the SIPDefault.cnf file.

2/ It verifys the load and picks up an IP address and is pingable

3/ the auto registration screen comes up and then a sec later it displays rejected and resets itself.. ( auto reg has been set to SIP in ent parameters )

4/ this process just continually repeats itself and fails to register

Looking on the phone during boot up, in "status messages", it briefly pops up with these errors before resetting.

W351 invalid proxy emergency

W350 invalid proxy backup

W310 Error Parsing : SIPDefault.cnf

Again, the various Cisco documents say that I should refer to the phone logs during bootup as it will provide more details as to which part is failing. The problem is my phone is now continually rebooting so I cant get onto it !!

Can I assume from the above errors that I have at least placed the download SIP files into the correct location ( of / ) and the phone is rejecting one of the fields I have entered in the .cnf file ?

Bit of a long winded explanation !!.. I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

Jon.