cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there any way to connect cisco IP phone through wireless Access points?

Network Digger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

We have some users who need IP phones but there is no wired LAN availability, their laptops are working through wireless network. is there any way we can let the cisco IP phones (7911 and 7942) connect to the Call Manager through wireless network for example using a software on the PC or connecting wireless APs directly to the IP phones?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

kcnajaf
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Sherif,

This is very much possible. All you need is to install Cisco IP Communictor (Software version of IP Phone) on the laptops and enable QoS on the AP's.

Other option is to use wireless IP phones like 7925G or 7920.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Najaf

Please rate when applicable or helpful !!!

Thanks Najaf, but actually we do not have wireless IP phones 7925 or 7920 and our users think it will be much better for them to use hard phones (not software ones).

Hi Sherif,

I see what you mean.

But i'm not aware of any adators which will help ip phones model 7911 or 7942 to become a wireless phones,.

You may have to look for adators like WBP54G which offer wireless connectivity to the desktop phones. But looks like they work only for specific models and may not support the ip phones you already have

Please check below url for N series adaptors.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps10042/ps12255/c02-698058_prod_ov.pdf

Hope that helps.

Regards

Najaf

Marwan Urabi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I make it before with TP-LINK WiFi (multi purpose) I configure it on base WiFi client and connect to 7961 ,

power is deferent ,  you should use external power source , it's work excellent for me , so i think any WiFi bridge device can do it.

Marwan Urabi