Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN E1 channels

G

ood afternoon,

I've a little issue with the synchronization of my E1 channels. In fact, I've 2911 router with an E1 controller connected to the PSTN provider. The GW is registered in MGCP - great this works.default my

By default my voice channels are from 1 - 15 and 17 - 31 but I really need to synch with our PSTN provider 1-30 channels. So I changed the Channel IE Type to Continuous Number.

But when I do some debugging on the gw with sh voice call summary, the channels are not well configured. It stays always in 1 - 15 and 17 - 31.

Could you please help me?

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

On an E1, channel 16 is ALWAYS the D-channel used for signalling.

So you cannot change this - and you don't need to. When somoeone refers to 'channels 1-30' they generally mean 'B-channels 1-30'.

All is well, so put your feet up.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks for the information.

But tell me why I have not the same channel that is synchronized between

the Nortel GW and the Cisco GW.

Let's say a call is coming in on channel 1, I do a sh voice call summary and

I see channel 1 as well like usual.

When we arrive on channel 16, I can tell you we

are not anymore synchronized.

For instance, a call is coming on channel 26, I do

a voice call summary, I see channel 26 is busy. But the Nortel engineer say he is using channel 24. We have always this issue only when we are above the 15th channel.

I really don't understand. LOL

We have the calls OK when we are below 15 so I think the signaling is well working. What kind of Channel IE type do I need to setup?

Send configuration and "debug isdn q931" with "term mon" when you receive a call with troubloe. Also explain exactly what is happing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: