cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

issue with Call forward (cfna/cfb)

ciscoroyzhang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,   recently I have come accros some issue with CFNA/CFB. 

Details as following: we have CUCM cluster in Sdyney and all sites have cisco ip phone registered with our CUCM. I am based in Sdyeny office, which means the Device pool and gateway for my phone is assoicated with Sdyney voice gateway. Now in my phone DN setting, if NoAnswer/Busy call will be forward to my mobile 00400800800 and forward CSS cludes the mobile router pattern for sydney  which means call should exit from sydey voice gateway. When people ring me, phone busy or no answer, call forward to my mobile via my Sydney router. this is happengin all the time and this is the way we expected.

However the issue is when our colleague from Maylasia office ring me on my landline, if no answer/busy call forward to my mobile via Malaysia Voice Gateway not sydney gateway.  this only happens to inbound call from Malaysia site, not to other sites.

my understanding is the when inbound call form Malaysia or any other site ring my landline, if busy/noAnswer, CUCM should check the CFNA/CFB field, if it see there is mobile number in forward filed, it will check the Forward CSS, if CSS has included the mobile route pattern , it will send the call via the gateway assoicated with the rouer pattern which is Sydney Voice gateway, I don't see why it goes Malays voice gateway and this only happens to this site only. other site users when rinng me busy/noAnswer, call will go via sydney gateway to reach to my mobile.  I am curious why this happens and how to stop it. many thanks.. Roy   

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am assuming you are using Local Route group for your deployment and then this is one of the caveats, until version 9.X where a new service parameter (dont recall the name) addresses this behavior.

HTH,

Chris