Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with disk on call manager using UCS M220 - Urgent

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi All

We are getting lots of errors from the CIMC of my call manager, UCS MC220 Chassis.

The disk was replaced a week ago due to a predicted failure, now it keeps saying that the disk is not properley inserted and to try reseating it.

Our provider says to update the firmware, Is this easy to do?

Also, Is it worth restarting the CIMC first? Can I do this without any impact to my call managers ?

cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If the error is related to hardware ( as it is asking to reseat the disk ) then it can be tried first. Any change to the firmware would require the knowledge of the existing firmware and the target firmware that is being recommended based on any known issues.

CIMC itself is just a tool to monitor the server and to collect the required traces/logs from the server, you can use the recommendations from the following doc to troubleshoot the UCS C series server

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/servers-unified-computing/ucs-c200-m1-high-density-rack-mount-server/111508-tshoot-tips-cimc.html#offline

Manish

- Do rate useful posts -

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If the error is related to hardware ( as it is asking to reseat the disk ) then it can be tried first. Any change to the firmware would require the knowledge of the existing firmware and the target firmware that is being recommended based on any known issues.

CIMC itself is just a tool to monitor the server and to collect the required traces/logs from the server, you can use the recommendations from the following doc to troubleshoot the UCS C series server

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/servers-unified-computing/ucs-c200-m1-high-density-rack-mount-server/111508-tshoot-tips-cimc.html#offline

Manish

- Do rate useful posts -