Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with region codec selection

Marlon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community

I got a problem with getting my regions to work properly, respectively to select the correct codec.

I've built a small lab with 4 phones, two device pools and two regions to simulate a main and branch office. The settings are as following:

Region Lab --- Device Pool Lab --- Phone 1 & 2

Region G729 --- Device Pool G729 --- Phone 3 & 4

Region Lab:

Default: 64 kbps max audio bit rate

Lab: 64 kbps max audio bit rate

G729: 8 kbps max audio bit rate

Region G729:

Default: 8 kbps max audio bit rate

Lab: 8 kbps max audio bit rate

G729: 64 kbps max audio bit rate

So,

Lab - G729 --> Should use G.729

Lab - Lab --> Should use G.711

G729 - G729 --> Should use G.711

Unfortunately G711 is used for all calls, except if I limit to 8 kbps for all regions and all connections to other regions.

Many thanks in advance

Marlon

17 Replies 17

Hard to tell what might have cause the issue - was the system upgraded?

By config changes what I was hoping to achieve was to trigger different change notification from DB to CCM service, but looks like this didn't work for Region setting only. Doing changes on DP will not break anything but might be worth trying.

For me from what I could see this looks like defective behavior for me - but I didn't see any specific defect for this.

From what i can see you are running 10.5.1.10000-7, which is first release of 10.5, and 1st releases tend to have a lot of defects.

Better idea might be to upgrade or install 10.5(2) latest SU. Since running 10.5.1.10000-7 in production would not be a good idea anyway.

Leszek

As per traces  and well analsyed below by LW, it does looks like both phone 8145 is also taking LAB region somehoow,so it does look phone is not taking correct config.

However can you try one thing , create a audio codec preference list with g729 codec on ordered on top and then apply it for region settings between g729 -LAB only.

Also you can try utils dbreplication reset to repair the errors in DB replciation.thanks

I already tried to use a changed codec list, did't help.

And there is only one node, so dbreplication can not be performed.

I'll try to upgrade to 10.5(2)SU3a next week.