Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with removing prefixing for Outgoing calls

Hi,

I am having CUCM 9.1.1 into our environment. My customer want to remove digit 9 as prefix for outgoing calls so simply he can dial PSTN number without any prefix.

Please help me how I can mitigate his requirement because if someone is dialing PSTN number if first four digit of that PSTN number is matching with internal number then it will route to internal extension and call will not go out.

Please suggest how i can mitigate customer requirement and also there should not be any internal extension mismatch.

Thanks.

13 Replies 13

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you please share the PSTN dialing pattern and internal DN range....

Hi Vivek,

Below are the patterns which i have created for PSTN dialing.

900XXXXXXXXX!    ----- For international
90[1-9]XXXXXXXXX ---- For Long Distance
9[23467]XXXXXXX  ---- For Shor Distance
9[7-9]XXXXXXXXX  ---- For Mobile calls

====================

Also, please find extension range

2001-2199

4201-4399

Let me know if you need some other info.

Thanks.

Hi Suresh,

CUCM is in production and its very difficult to change existing dial pattern as Customer is having more then 10 location and all are in operation.

Please suggest if i can mitigate the requirement while avoiding mismatch with below internal extension series.

2001-2199

4201-4399

Thanks.

If you have overlapping dialplan, then you will have issues.

When I do an installation I ask what customer wants, if he doesn't want to dial a 0 or a 9 for external line, then automatically some digits are not available (in my country 0,1,2,6,8)

I also used to follow same approach. even initial of this project customer & myself were agree to add digit 9 as prefix for external calls.

Now after completing 80% of this project customer want to remove prefix 9.

As customer is king and i have to mitigate his requirement.

So please help me if same can be achieved without overlapping dial-plan.

OK, then charge the customer double :)

When you have an extension 2110 and a route pattern 2110XXXXX you just have issues.

I'll do :) :)

Yes correct..I have an issue when my internal extension 2110 is overlaping with pattern 2110XXXXX.

So is there any way so i can avoid mismatch of overlapping?

Hi shambhuchaursiya,

try this:

a) Create a Temp-CSS and insert a Temp-PT

b) Create a 'Translation Pattern'

Pattern: 2110!

PT: Temp-PT

CSS: <your CSS that have access to the DN 2110 and to the PSTN 2110XXXXX>

c) Create an IP Phone 'A' that have the Temp-CSS.

d) Make the following test:

'A' dials 2110 ... after the interdigit timeout, it should redirect the call to the DN 2110

'A' dials 2110XXXXX ... after the interdigit timeout, it should redirect the call to the PSTN 2110XXXXX.

Hope this helps.

And then customer complains that they have to wait X seconds (inter-digit time out) to call an internal number.

Been there :)

This is full overlapping which is not recommended not even in Cisco rather in any PBX platform. 

However can you further narrow down the overlapping route pattern viz 9[23467]XXXXXXX as I believe not all the remaining digits except [23467] will include 0 to 9...

Thanks Vivek for your response.

I have an internal extension 2110 if some one is dialing pstn number 2110XXXX then i have an issue.

So what route pattern i have to create to narrow down the overlapping.

Please suggest.

Did you try by putting a dot after 9 in route pattern and configuring dial peer with prefix 1 or whatever you want to?

it is suggested to have site code prefix when you have multiple sites with overlapping dial plan.

if they don't want to use PSTN prefixes, how would you differential local, national & international dialing?

If they don't agree to use prefix, why don't you have all your internal extensions with +E.164 format?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/9x/uc9x/dialplan.html#wp1150106

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.