Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber/Expressway and Unity connection

rramlal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have expressway MRA setup and I have already added the call manager and unity connection servers. I have read that this will automatically be entered in the http allow list and have seen this on expressway c.

I have already made the changes for the UC service and service profile for jabber however when I am connected to jabber windows client externally, I cant seem to be able to enter the web admin creds for voicemail. The voicemail account is created but doesn't allow me to enter the creds.

When i checked the service it is saying that the jabber client cant reach CUC but it can reach call manager. Do i have to connected internally (be inside the organisation) to be able to enter my web admin creds for voicemail?

I also did a test and was able to leave a voicemail, but no indicator was received.

3 Replies 3

andresudt
Level 1
Level 1

Have you logged in internally to see if Voicemail works? - Just to rule out the HTTP allowed list under the Expressway-C

On your Design for Expressway Services, you want to have the same Password for CUCM Users and Unity Connection? (if you are Synchronizing with AD on both servers).

Reason I ask is because under CUCM --> User Management --> User Settings --> Service Profile --> %JabberProfile_YouCreated% make sure you have "Credentials Source for Voicemail Service" to **Unified CM and IM and Presence - This will ensure the same Passwords are used to login to UNITY/CUCM/IMP.

Andres Sarmiento

Hi Andres,

I was able to resolve the issue with voicemail not working on my Windows jabber when connected externally. I needed to change the web password immediately. In my case i didnt sync ldap to cuc since not all users need voicemail which makes life a bit difficult. I have to sync users from cucm based on if they should get voicemail.

My issue is however my iPhone jabber is unable to get MWI and i am not seeing an area to enter my web admin password. So when i connect externally it is not shown.

Sorry for the late reply. When you say the MWI, you mean the List of Voicemails? - When you open the Voicemail Tab, you see other Voicemails?

Thank You!