Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows 14.2 with CUCM 14 SU3: delay in audio transmission

Daniel Stabel
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community, 

we are using Jabber in our on premises environment with CUCM 14 SU3 and are recognizing a delay in audio transmisson with Jabber for Windows version 14.2.
This is recognizable in the way, that using Jabber version 14.2 I do hear the audio of the other person with who I am calling with a delay. 
Using older Jabber versions or Webex App (UCM Calling) we do not have this issue. 

It is reproduceable f.e. by doing a call between my mobile and my Jabber: mobile on the right ear and headset (Jabber) on the left ear and talking into both microphones at the same time. 
Using Jabber 14.2 I first hear myself in the mobile speaker and with delay in the headset (Jabber) speaker. Doing the same with older Jabber versions or WebexApp (UCM Calling), I hear myself in the both speakers (mobile and headset) nearly at the same time.
(The same does happen using a IP Phone registered to CUCM instead of mobile phone.)

Does anybody else have the same issue with Jabber version 14.2?

Best regards,
Daniel

5 Replies 5

Daniel Stabel
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community,

does nobody else use Jabber for Windows version 14.2 or does nobody else have the issue with it?

Best regards,
Daniel

I have a a mix of CUCM 14 versions/clusters and couple hundred Jabber for Android 14.2, no reported issues so far.  You didn't clarify which platform ie Apple/Android/Windows etc.

thanks for your response!

Sorry, I edited my post: We have the issue using Jabber for Windows.

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try to disable Video Calling Capabilities from Jabber device page and see the result.

IMG_7140.png

Pls rate if it’s Helpful. 

Daniel Stabel
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your idea, but the delay persists.