Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for windows: Error CJ:2100:2 - Connection to Phone Service failed

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Community,

Does anyone know what Error CJ:2100:2 denotes? Is there available any list of codes with explanation that includes 2100?

CUCM v11,

Jabber for Windows v12

IM&P works, Telephony Services Connection to Phone dont work.
Attached is the error.

Thanks in advance for your responses
G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies
17 Replies 17

Be sure to associate the user ID in CUCM to the device.

One of the reasons for this is due to missing DN mapping on Jabber profile.

Alex Andruszkiw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I had the same issue with Jabber not connecting to phone services after I renewed certificates, even after a full reboot. CallManager running in Mixed mode security.

I saw this in the jabber.log:

[csf.ecc.handyiron] [secFindTrustListItem] - No matching certificate found in CTL
[csf.ecc.handyiron] [getRSASignerUtility] - Could not find key for signer
[csf.ecc.handyiron] [secDecryptDataBySignerCtx] - SIGN: Failed to allocate RSA structure for decryption
[csf.ecc.handyiron] [authVerifyBufferSignature] - Unable to extract hash from the signature block or decrypted signature length (0) < generated hash length (20).
[csf.ecc.handyiron] [authVerifyBufferBySigner] - Config Buffer Authentication Failed
[csf.ecc.handyiron] [authVerifyConfigurationBuffer] - authVerifyBufferBySigner FAILED, rc=12

Additional steps that I had to do after certificate renewal:  SSH into the CUCM CLI as the os administrator and type in the following:

show ctl

utils ctl update CTLFile

show ctl

Compare the signatures. 

I restarted the callmanager and tftp services and jabber softphone started working.  A jabber reset may be required. The hardphone's CTL file were updated and the signature matched on the output from the CLI above.

See related post: https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/jabber-for-windows-softphone-doesn-t-register-after-security/td-p/3082394