Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber login user use CUCM enduser with LDAP

bo liu
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

Is it possible to configure Cisco Jabber login users only to be created on CUCM and not to integrate with LDAP?

I had a customer who didn't have Windows AD deployed and wondered if Jabber phone and instant chat features would work that way

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

b.winter
VIP
VIP

When LDAP Sync and / or LDAP Authentication is enabled, then you can still use local end users in CUCM.

Or other way round:

When you don't have any LDAP, you can add local end users in CUCM and work with those users.

As long as CUCM has a user in it's database, he doesn't care if that user is a local end user, or was synced into CUCM via LDAP.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

b.winter
VIP
VIP

When LDAP Sync and / or LDAP Authentication is enabled, then you can still use local end users in CUCM.

Or other way round:

When you don't have any LDAP, you can add local end users in CUCM and work with those users.

As long as CUCM has a user in it's database, he doesn't care if that user is a local end user, or was synced into CUCM via LDAP.

Hi

Thanks for your reply

I tested it yesterday, and you can actually log in as a CUCM local user. However, I am having a problem searching for contacts in the Jabber client and am trying to fix this.