Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

jabber instants massage history on SQL server

Dear All 

i am try to save  jabber personal chat on external  SQL server on CUP 12.5.1

i configure SQL server and it look like there is no err in the diagnostic  screen

in the  CUP -->massage --> compliance configuration  i configure the SQL server to save the chat history

i restart the  Cisco XCP router service 

and now the cisco  archive service is start to run 

1. do i need to add something to the jabber xml config 

2, after it work good - when jabber user replace computer, all the user chat history will restore on the new computer or i am not  understand this feature

thank you 

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you don't see any errors, you can test and see if the messages are logged in the DB, if you see them, then it's working properly.

If you don't, then you want to review your config and possibly review traces.

And you're not understanding how this works. No, you won't get your messages back when you change to another computer.

What you configured is basic compliance, and it's a ONE WAY street, you ONLY SEND a copy of the messages to the external DB. Neither IM&P nor Jabber will retrieve messages from the DB. If you want to review old messages, you will need to do so directly in the DB via queries, or to build a front-end which would connect to the DB to search, report, etc. on the DB contents.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dear Jaime

thank you very much for the fest replay

so as i understand this configuration only save all the client massage on SQL server

and if the customers need to search chat history they need to use search tool to search on the SQL server right ?

i will attach the configuration tomorrow but for now

1. how i can see in Microsoft SQL server is the massage is store 

2. is the SQL server store the massage online or there is a time cycle

3. are you shore i dont need to add command to the jabber config

thanks