Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Phone Control When Making Calls

Scott Hanson
Level 3
Level 3

All,

CUCM 9.1 with 9.1 CUPS.  Jabber contacts have the full phone number which seems to be auto-populated.  Where can I go to change the phone number of the contact to their extension instead of the DID?

Thanks in advance.  All replies rated.                

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

J4W pulls all that information from your LDAP directory, if you want to directly change that, you'll need to change it in your LDAP. Otherwise, you'll need to use application dial rules to translate that into the 4 digit DN if that's how they're configured in CUCM.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are plenty of jabber options, you need to specify which one you're asking about when you post a question.

HTH

java

HTH

java

OK.  I will try to be more specific.  When I right-click on a contact in Jabber for Windows and go to "View Profile"  I see a 10 digit phone number there.  I want to change that 10 digit phone number to the user's extension instead of the full phone number. 

The reason is when I right-click a contact and click "Call" Jabber makes the phone dial that ful phone number instead of the user's extension.  The call fails if the contact is not local to the Jabber user as it does not dial the "1" for a long distance call.

Is this a CUPS setting?  Is it pulling this phone number from Cmmmunications Manager or somewhere else?

J4W pulls all that information from your LDAP directory, if you want to directly change that, you'll need to change it in your LDAP. Otherwise, you'll need to use application dial rules to translate that into the 4 digit DN if that's how they're configured in CUCM.

HTH

java

HTH

java

There is also the option to use translation pattern to change the called number into the format of your internal extensions from the format used in LDAP.

That is in my meaning a much more controlled way to change the called number then to use application dial rules. AP rules are globally applied, ie there is no way to control what application that will end up using them. To me this is a big limitation with AP rules, actually such a big limitation that it's really bordering to a almost useless feature.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature