Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber processes in Windows task Manager

Can anybody tell why in my case there are seven Jabber processes in Windows 10 Task Manager?  What do all these processes do?  Are they all necessary for Jabber to function normally?  I attached a screen shot.

Thanks

Greg

5 Replies 5

Thats normal I do have the same.

Screenshot 2021-11-11 at 8.00.48 PM.png

Response Signature

It seems that is normal from others I have heard from. I have been asked by our security team what they are all for and why.

Would looking at the Jabber SDK reveal the OS hooks? (I'm not a programmer, so I'm making an assumption there.)

Maren

JASON VLAD
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone ever figure out a real answer to this question.  Having the same issue with Jabber 14.3. I have 6 processes in task manager and happening to multiple users.

This is a normal behavior in software design processes.
Because breaking programs into multiple processes, makes your computer run faster, not slower,
and processes take longer time to finish in the task manager after exiting the program.. (if they have only 1 big processes)
also when program is running several small processes compared to one process, makes it Runs great.

You can search and check more on Google about what the processes are and how they are used in the computer, there is a lot of useful information.. ^-^

-- if this helped, please rate by click (Accept as solution) or (Helpful) --