cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber - Silent a line

Jae-
Level 1
Level 1

I have a total of 4 lines on my jabber account. For one of the four lines, I only need to cover it for a few hours a day. Is there a way to silent that one line or set a schedule for it?

If I set my status to "Do not disturb", it'll silent all the lines, which I do not want.

4 Replies 4

TechLvr
Spotlight
Spotlight

Use Time of day Routing on the extension in question. Refer to link below on how to configure it. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/109588-tod-routing-example00.html

Here is a summary of what you can do:
Create two new partitions "OnShift_PT" and "OffShift_PT". 
Create time of day routing and schedule, then assign them to each partition as required
Assign the two partitions to all relevant calling search spaces 
Assign the "OnShift_Pt" to the extension assigned to Jabber
Create the same extension under "OffShift_PT" (you can leave this ext unassigned, or assign it to a CTI Route Point)
If you don't want the calls to ring busy during off shift hours, then forward the off shift extension to VM or a Call Handler with a general greeting)

This way, the calls will ring to Jabber during specified hours, and ring busy, go to VM, or go to a general greeting outside of your specified hours depending on how you configure it.  

Multiple users are assigned the line and I am the only one that covers it for a few hours. Will this setting affect other users?

Ah ok. In that case it does affect other users. Forget about the steps I provided earlier.

Since you are the only one who answers the phone during your hours of coverage, then try steps below.

Create a new partition for example "MyShift_PT".
Create a time period/schedule and assign it to MyShift_PT. 
Disassociate the shared line from your Jabber profile
Add the same extension to your Jabber but under the MyShift_PT partition
Add MyShift_PT to all relevant CSSs but make sure to place it in a higher order than the partition of the shared line in question
You do not need to touch the shared line other than dissociating it from your Jabber

After you apply the above changes, you should not hear the extension ring outside your specified hours. 
During your specified hours, you will be the only one hearing the extension ring.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you considered using a Hunt Group instead? Jabber can expose a login/logout button for that - though it’s all or nothing, if you’re a member of multiple groups. The Alerting Name field on a Hunt Pilot is also shown by IP Phones and Jabber so you know what the incoming call is for.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/12_9/cjab_b_parameter-reference-guide-jabber-129/cjab_b_parameter-reference-guide-jabber-129_chapter_0111.html#CJAB_RF_E953B33C_00