cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber user not able to login

tyoder
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to working with our Cisco call manager and Jabber in general. I created a new Jabber phone instance for a user, but I have been unable to figure out why it won't login.

I followed written directions that are kept for procedures on how to create a Jabber instance. I also created another instance with a different user and that one works. All of our current user instances also work without issue.

We have a new VPN that we are switching over to and between that how I tell it to connect to our server, I get multiple errors.

When I try to connect through the new VPN, after the username is entered I get "Untrusted server. No services delivered." When I try to connect manually, I get, "Invalid certificate declined."

When I try to connect through the current VPN, after I enter the password, I get, "The username or password is invalid, or the user account is inactive." (I also get this when I try to login on a laptop on our WiFi.) If I try to connect manually to this VPN I get, "Cannot locate server."

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Start by following the Cisco guides on Jabber configuration to make sure everything is properly configured, no idea if the guides you were provided are good or not.

Suggest you try login in internally before anything else, if it doesn't work internally, it's very likely it won't work any other way.

If it doesn't work internally, pull a PRT and review it. Once it works internally, then try over VPN and if it doesn't work, then it would most likely be some sort of connectivity issue caused by the VPN configuration.

The Jabber documentation explains all the ports and certificates that are needed for Jabber to work.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I tried to login as the user internally on Jabber for Windows. It gave me the error, "Your username or password is not correct." The login credentials I am using are the same as this user uses from our LDAP.

I read through the Jabber documentation on setting up Jabber Windows and iPhone and all settings, certs and ports seem to be good.

I did pull an PRT as you suggested, but as I stated in my original post, I am new to Cisco and Jabber so I am not sure what I am looking for.

Any assistance on how to find the issue within the log would be greatly appreciated.