cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

jabber would disconnect always after a fixed brief time?

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

recently my vcs-expressway server got defected and i replaced it and restored my old backup on it , afterward any call from my android jabber or csf would disconnect after 31 seconds exactly everytime , i tried to reset jabber on my mobile phone the first time and the issue was solved but the problem came back after two weeks and now even resetting my mobile phone wont fix it , here is what i noticed also about the issue:-

1-connecting to jabber from inside my network isn't disconnecting.

2-calling from inside the network to jabber outside the network isn't disconnecting.

so only calling from jabber from outside my network is showing this , can anyone please help?

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If its a single NIC deployment then please check the suggestions in the following post

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12283736/expressway-jabber-mra-no-audio-disconnect

Manish

not a single NIC , im using two ports one for my inside network and one for DMZ

Can you share the diagnostic logs from the VCS-E to start with so that we can see the cause code of the disconnect.

Manish

the time on the VCS-expressway was wrong , i think a wrong ntp server was inserted , i changes the NTP servers ip address and applied them , now the jabber wont disconnect , not sure though if it will return again , but ill update this post if does!

the problem came back again like the last time , i took the log for the disconnect , strangely the disconnect log show a different time than the other logs as following

Results
2016-11-22T14:55:10+03:00 licensemanager: Level="INFO" Detail="License freed" call_id="X" lic_type="collabedge" UTCTime="2016-11-22 11:55:10,140"
2016-11-22T08:55:10+03:00 tvcs: Event="Call Disconnected" Service="SIP" Src-ip="X.X.X.X" Src-port="XXXXX" Src-alias-type="SIP" Src-alias="sip:1XXX@cucm" Dst-alias-type="SIP" Dst-alias="sip:1XXX@cucm;user\=phone" Call-serial-number="X" Tag="X5" Protocol="TLS" Level="1" UTCTime="2016-11-22 11:55:10,136"

one log is at 14:55 which is my actual time while the other is 08:55 which is incorrect???