cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

jaber "use computer for calls" not working

Joli Martinez
Level 1
Level 1

We have a user that is able to log into his jabber account, but the "use my computer for calls" is greyed out.  The  user can not uncheck this option.

I have checked their profile and it appears to be the same as everyone elses nothing stands out.

Any suggestions?

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure user / device / DN association is properly configured.

A PRT would show which devices are available and associated to the user.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I have checked this before posting.  The extension is only associated with the user's jabber device.  The user is not associated to any other device.

please remove all relevant files in the appdata (local & roaming), start the Jabber, then export PRT logs and share with us.

Hello Joli,

Please can you check that:

1) Under Device-> Phone->Phone Configuration->Device Information->Owner User ID is set to the corresponding user

2) Under Device-> Phone->Phone Configuration->Line1->Users Associated with line-> The same user is associated, as above
3)Under User Management->End User->End User Configuration: The Device is included in "Controled Devices List" and that Under Permission Information the following permissions are allowed:

Standard CCM End User
Standard CTI Allow Controls Supporting Connected Xfer and conf

Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Rollover Mode
Standard CTI Control

Let us know,

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

sudaggar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
check for UC service profile configured for user under end user page.