cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP and Dial Plans

Rod.Blackie
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have any good suggestions for overlapping dial plans for DNs that are syncronised from Active Directory?

For example we use 4 digit DN and some remote sites have overlapping numbers. When you pace a call from site a from the directory to number 1234 (which is avalible in site b and c) the dirctory doesn't know what site to route to?

Apart from introducing additioning digits in the DN within Active Directory (cluster code, site code, DN) is there any other methods of managing this problem?

Thanks

Rod

8 Replies 8

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

In the CallManager SDK there is a sample ASP script called multidirectory.asp.

It allows you to query multiple LDAP directories and returns a consolidated result. The LDAP sources are defined as shown below:

// Syntax:  new Directory(, , , , , , <PrependDigits>);

var dirs = new Array();

dirs[0] = new Directory("Edwardsville Directory", "eville-cm", "ou=users, o=cisco.com", "8404", "cn=Directory Manager, o=cisco.com", "cisco", "");

dirs[1] = new Directory("Richardson Directory", "rcdn-cm", "ou=users, o=cisco.com", "8404", "cn=Directory Manager, o=cisco.com", "cisco", "91");

dirs[2] = new Directory("San Jose Directory", "sjc-cm", "ou=users, o=cisco.com", "8404", "cn=Directory Manager, o=cisco.com", "cisco", "91408");

If your LDAP setup has different CN's for each sites users the you could set up a dirs entry for each site and prepend digits indicating the site to the number to be dialled. This prefix would match CUCM translation patterns that strip the prefix and have  CSS that allow access to the relevant site partitions.

The full ASP file is attached.

Thanks for your suggestion. I will look into this.

Rod

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

can you please confirm that the CUCM is integrated with LDAP/AD and the built in Directories service is used?

Thanks.

G.

I'm using LDAP syncronsiation between UCM 9 and MS AD. Phones corporate directory is pulled from AD.

Not sure about your question built in directory servcice question?

Rod

Alright, you are probably using the built in Directories (in which case, James' suggestion won't work).

G.

Gergly,

I was suggesting that the default corporate directory hosted by CUCM be replaced by the ASP service which would be hosted on a separate IIS server.

Why do think this will not work? - I have used this type of solution for lots of customers in the past and there is not dependancy/issue with the CUCM users being integrated or not.

Hi,

alright you can argue that something may be also read between the lines, however, I did not see any explanation of how this should be implemented, for instance: a new server, running Windows and IIS is necessary.

G.

Sorry I thought the fact that I was recommending using an ASP script implied that IIS would be needed.

I should probably have made this clear in my initial response.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: