Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Licensing for SIPS from Voice Gateway with CUCM

Hi All

So i have question about licensing for set-up secure communicate connection between CUCM v.12.5 with ISR 4331.

I don't sure if we need to use SIPS (port 5061) Secure Session Initiation Protocol gateway and Intercluster Trunk, We must have a licensing or not? 

If it should have please let's me know keyword license for talking with pre-sale team

Regards.

Tom

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Read the whole line that mentions that, not just that snip:

• The CUBE must have the security and Unified Communication K9 (UCK9) licenses installed

CUCM doesn't need any licenses GWs, trunks, or anything similar, if anything, you need to be enable the  export controlled functionality when generating the token as you would want to use TLS and that is required.

On top of that, if you will actually use it as a CUBE, you would also required CUBE licenses.

I would strongly recommend you work with a local Cisco partner WITH UC specializations to understand what you would need to order for this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, the GWs and trunks are not licensed in CUCM.

HTH

java

Dear Jaime

So,We're confuse your replay with more detail in link below

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-border-element/215412-configure-sip-tls-between-cucm-cube-cube.html

We should have  security and Unified Communication K9 (UCK9) licenses or not ?

Regards,
Tom

Read the whole line that mentions that, not just that snip:

• The CUBE must have the security and Unified Communication K9 (UCK9) licenses installed

CUCM doesn't need any licenses GWs, trunks, or anything similar, if anything, you need to be enable the  export controlled functionality when generating the token as you would want to use TLS and that is required.

On top of that, if you will actually use it as a CUBE, you would also required CUBE licenses.

I would strongly recommend you work with a local Cisco partner WITH UC specializations to understand what you would need to order for this.

HTH

java

Dear Jaime

Thank you for answer and suggestion.

Regards,
Tom