Views
Helpful
Replies

Limiting Admin Access to CUCM 8

arthur.hilman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to assign a "designee" to handle a certain group of phones within our network.  I have already created a "Restricted Admin" role allowing access to only phone & dn web pages.  What I would like to do is refine that restrictriction further down to a specific grouping of phones, ie, a device pool.  So where I'm trying to go is that I want an admin user that can only manipulate a specific number of phones, not all of them.  We are currently running CUCM 8.  Is this possible?  Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Art Hilman

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry, this cannot be done, you can only give/restrict access to particular feature, but not restrict access to particular items, i.e. set of phones.

HTH,

Chris

Nuts!  I was really hoping.  Oh well, thank you for your help!

Yeah, I hear you, it would be very nice to have :-(

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Yep - it's a common request.

Lots of work needed on this part of the system to make it 'enterprise' in my opinion. It's too easy for the dial plan to be corrupted by someone given basic phone admin rights.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hello,

May be Provisioning Manager can help you with this, but it is a very complex application to adapt to customer requirments.

Bye

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"complex" is a nice way calling a useless application, every customer I have seen buying it either ripped it out or stop using it.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App