cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

List.xml file question

rafael alpizar
Level 1
Level 1

we would like to change the logo on all our phones but we would have to walk and touch every phone could i just name the new logo file the exact name as our old logo file upload the new file to cucm? or when i try to upload the new file with the same name will it give me the file already exists error?

Thanks

Rafael

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Phones do not check what the picture is, unless you go to the background option from the phone, and then choose it. If you're attempting to update the background, this just won't work.

This is not as a FW that the phone checks every time it boots, it downloads it to the memory, and won't change it/update it, unless it's instructed to.

From what I can recall either it will ask if you want to replace the file, or it will just tell you it replaced the file, no error.

How to bulk change the backgrounds has been discussed hundreds and hundreds of times at CSC, just search.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jamie,

Thanks... was hoping i could get by with just changing the PNG files... yeah i found some batch files that can "magically" change the BG image but what i have read you need to be good at batch files... that i am not... i also found www.VoIPIntegration.com but management does not like the verbiage on the EULA... so i got to do it this way.  so i guess i will be putting on my walking shoes.

Thanks for all your help.

Rafael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: