cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Live Record Issue

vickyleach1
Level 1
Level 1

I have Live Record set up on the network and it works great except on one phone.The phone in question is shared and has no designated mailbox. So for example if someone went to the phone to check their mail, they would enter their code and then their password to check their mail. So when I tried setting live record up on this particular phone, I get the the message "Their is no mailbox associated with this extension". I have looked everywhere and can find no documentation to get around this issue. Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Vicky,

A couple of thoughts here.....if you were to assign the phone to Supervisor 1 directly

you could still check messages for the other users from that phone. When you access

VM for Supervisor 1 by pressing the Message button you should be able to Press *

to move back one level to the CUE sign-in and then enter the pertinant info for User 1,2 or 3.

This way you could have both "Live record" and VM access from this set.

The other reference was to acquire a phone like a 7961 and assign 2009 as key 1 and then

2101,2102 and 2103 as the next three Line buttons. This way the user could use the

associated # when checking their VM

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

gagansi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Check using this command-->

cue# show voicemail live-record

Please post your config-->

====================================

Hi here is my working config-

telephony-service

live-record 4999

!

ephone-dn 4

number 4999

call-forward all 3500

!

ephone-dn 20 dual-line

number A101

conference ad-hoc

!

!

ephone-dn 21 dual-line

number A101

conference ad-hoc

!

!

ephone-dn 22 dual-line

number A101

conference ad-hoc

!

!

ephone-dn 23 dual-line

number A101

conference ad-hoc

!

CUE:

!

voicemail live-record beep duration 50

voicemail live-record beep interval 5

voicemail live-record pilot-number 4999

=============================================

Please rate helpful posts.

gagansi
Level 1
Level 1

Is the phone model diffrent from the other phones...

Please mention the phone model...

Phone model is the same as the others: 7941 phone

Live Config:

2811# Show run

telephony-service

live-record 2996

voicemail 2999

ephone-dn  102

number 2996

name LiveRecord

call-forward all 2999

UC500-CUE# show voicemail live-record

Pilot number:                           2996

Conversation beep settings

Beep Duration:                       50 milliseconds

Beep Interval:                       30 seconds

UC500-CUE# Show run

voicemail live-record beep duration 50

voicemail live-record beep interval 30

voicemail live-record pilot-number 2996

voicemail mailbox owner "CJones" size 1000voicemail live-record beep duration 50
voicemail live-record beep interval 30
voicemail live-record pilot-number 2996

voicemail notification liverecord enable

It works everywhere, and if I set up a mail box on the phone in question, it works. The issue is, without a designated mailbox on the phone, assigned to the phone, Live-record does not know where to send the recording. I want the user to still be able to check multiple mail boxes on the same phone.

Is there a way to "redirect" where it sends the recording? Like can you set up a mail box on the CUE that is not assigned to the phone where the recordings for the extention in question (2009) could check their recordings?

Hi

I am not sure whether this is supported or not, Will check and get back to you.

/Gagan

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Vicky,

The real problem here is that CUE notes the DN of the phone that initiates

the "Live record" session (call referer) and matches it against it's dB to determine

where to deposit the session/recording so there is no way to really "fake" this. Here

is the description of the call flow;

Using Live-Record

After live-record is properly configured, users can use the following sequence of steps to initiate a live-record session. This example assumes a call is already established. The subscriber wanting to record the conversation does not need to be the caller who initiated or received the call.

1. Initiate a conference to the Cisco Unity Express live-record pilot number.

Press the conference softkey button. The current conversation is paused.

2. Dial the live-record pilot extension number.

3. The live-record pilot extension forwards the call request to the voice mail pilot number.

4. Cisco Unity Express answers the incoming call, detects the live-record pilot extension, and begins recording if the call referrer is a valid Cisco Unity Express subscriber.

5. Complete the conference.

Press the conference softkey button again. At this point, everything either party says is recorded except the beeps played by Cisco Unity Express.

To end the live-record session, remove the Cisco Unity Express from the conference and continue the call, or hang up and terminate the call.

The only way to allow the user to set up multiple/different Live record sessions from a single

phone/location would be to add a phone that has an appearance of each of the DN's that

you want them to administer. Don't forget that Live record sessions can be forwarded just

like a normal VM message so you can leverage that ability as well

Cheers!

Rob

Detailed response, thank you very much.

You mentioned that to do this you would have to "add a phone that has an appearance of each of the DN's". Well this is my following setup for the phone:

Baiscally have the phone with no user and it is assigned to logout profile 1:

ephone  9
device-security-mode none
video
mac-address 0022.90B9.A7B7
ephone-template 2
paging-dn 104
type 7941
logout-profile 1

Labeling is set to Supervisor1, with extension 2009:

ephone-dn  9  dual-line
ring internal
number 2009
label Supervisor1-2009
description Supervisor1
name Supervisor1
call-forward busy 2999
call-forward noan 2999 timeout 15
mwi sip
hold-alert 60 idle
transfer-mode blind

Below is the logout profile assigned to the user and the extension:

voice logout-profile 1
user supervisor1 password supervisor1
number 2009 type normal

Below are not extensions used on any phones at the site, just a place for their mailbox where outside users can be transfered to and can be checked by entering their user ID and passwords in on the Supervisor1 phone:

voice user-profile 1
user userOne password 012345
number 2101 type normal

voice user-profile 2
user userTwo password 012345
number 2102 type normal

voice user-profile 3
user userThree password 012345
number 2103 type normal

Now, forgive me if I am going over something I have said previously, just want to make sure I have things straight. So right now the phone is not assigned by MAC address to a userID, it is assigned to a logout profile which is then assigned to a user. If I change this in to the phone being directly assigned to a user "Supervisor1" and have a "Supervisor1" mail box, then Live Record will work on the phone but you can not check other mail for the other users on the phone.

I cannot associate the phone with multiple users, not sure how to go about making a phone associate with multiple DNs (or were you just mentioning something that needs to be done, but is not currently possible on the equipment). I will of course look into this more myself also, but just wanted to see everyone's view on this.

Hi Vicky,

A couple of thoughts here.....if you were to assign the phone to Supervisor 1 directly

you could still check messages for the other users from that phone. When you access

VM for Supervisor 1 by pressing the Message button you should be able to Press *

to move back one level to the CUE sign-in and then enter the pertinant info for User 1,2 or 3.

This way you could have both "Live record" and VM access from this set.

The other reference was to acquire a phone like a 7961 and assign 2009 as key 1 and then

2101,2102 and 2103 as the next three Line buttons. This way the user could use the

associated # when checking their VM

Cheers!

Rob

Excellent! Tested this and works perfect! Thanks Rob and Gagandeep for all your help on this, most informative

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: