cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Location Based CAC- Over ICT

Ian Jones
Level 1
Level 1

I am about to implement a new CUCM and half the site users will be on the old CUCM (v7.1) the other half  on the new CUCM (8.6)

they will call each other over an inter cluster trunk - whats the best way to handle CAC in this situation? as calls made between two users on different cluster will add to the BW counter

thoughts so far...

Put ICT into a location with unlimited bandwidth

Increase the BW in site A on old cluster

portion the BW in Site A on new cluster to match the user base

becuase you still have the same number of users the same number of calls should be made but the increased BW allows for the additional calls being counted that acutally stay within the site -

Not very scientifc and is bound to cause problems -  so any one know of a better way to manage this?

I looked at the phamtom location but that does not seem valid in this instance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Correct, create a dedicated Location for the ICT on both sides, or upgrade both to version 9.X and take advantage of much more flexible EL-CAC.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

for each cluster you need to create a location with a limited calls based on your available bandwidth between the 2 cluster.

the calls between the clusters will be controlled by the location.

HTH

Anas

please rate if it is helpful

Correct, create a dedicated Location for the ICT on both sides, or upgrade both to version 9.X and take advantage of much more flexible EL-CAC.

HTH,

Chris

hi

was this a "correct" based on what I have?

Put ICT into a location with unlimited bandwidth

Increase the BW in site A on old cluster

portion the BW in Site A on new cluster to match the user base

Thanks

not quite sure how this helps - the issue is not the BW between sites but to and from the site i.e when I have split sites