cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Look up from Corporate Directory on 7970 phone times out

gkeel
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CUCM vers 9.0(1) system using Cisco SCCP 7970 phones.  I have found while the Corporate Directory lookups usually work, on occasion, a phone will stop being able to do the Corporate Lookup.  When you attempt the Corporate Lookup, the Requesting indicator will keep going and eventually time out without bringing up the form for putting in the information to search for.

I have found so far that the only way to get this to start working again is to unplug the phone and reboot it.  Once this is done the Corporate Directory will start working again but since we also plug the users workstation into the phone, it also disconnects the workstation from the network and phone reboots do take a while to complete.

7970 Load File is SCCP70.9-3.1-1S

7970 Boot Load file is 7970-64060118.bin

Does anyone know of a solution for this?

Gene

3 Replies 3

Hi

Have you been able to resolve this issue?

I have been expereincing this as well

thanks

No, I am still working at it but so far the only workaround fix I have has been to have the user cold boot the phone again and then it starts working at least for a while.  Some phones seem to be more prone to it than others but that may be that those users use it more frequently and therefore discover it more often.

I have noticed that the phones that are havng the issue they are missing the ITL file

Settings > Security > Trust List > ITL File > "says no installed"

but the phones that are working have the ITL file installed

thanks