Replies

Make E1 connection between 2811 router and Grandstream UCM6202 IPPBX

Ismail_ly
Level 1
Level 1

Good evening,

Devices : Cisco 2811 Router, UCM6202 Grandstream IPPBX

what I want to do is this: 
I have a Cisco 2811 router with an E1 card Intergrated. 
There is an E1 connection source that goes to the E1 controller of the router. 
Now my UCM is connected to the F0/0 interface router. 
I now want to make a configuration so that the phone calls coming from the E1 Source to the E1 controller intergrated on the router, can be redirected directly to a created extension of the UCM.

I need help and analysis on that. Thanks for your help

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That will depend on the protocol you're going to use to handle that E1, there's plenty of documentation around MGCP, H323 and SIP configuration, what documentation have you reviewed so far??

Also plenty of examples on the community from other people who posted their configs.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi again, thanks for your reply.

I'm using a SIP protocol to communicate the router with the UCM.

Thanks

@Jaime Valencia wrote:

That will depend on the protocol you're going to use to handle that E1, there's plenty of documentation around MGCP, H323 and SIP configuration, what documentation have you reviewed so far??

Also plenty of examples on the community from other people who posted their configs.

Then all you need is a SIP trunk on CUCM and the necessary dial-peers on the GW to route the calls.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First of all you will need to get he E1 up first, are you planning on configuring it as PRI circuit? Is there a T1/E1 cross-over cable between the devices,  is ISDN L3 already up, or do you need assistance with this?

Then as stated you'll need set of dial-peers on the GWs for POTS (incoming from Grandstream, outgoing to Grandstream) call legs and VOIP call legs (incoming from CUCM, outgoing to CUCM) matching proper digits that need to go each destination.

@Chris Deren wrote:

First of all you will need to get he E1 up first, are you planning on configuring it as PRI circuit? Is there a T1/E1 cross-over cable between the devices,  is ISDN L3 already up, or do you need assistance with this?

Then as stated you'll need set of dial-peers on the GWs for POTS (incoming from Grandstream, outgoing to Grandstream) call legs and VOIP call legs (incoming from CUCM, outgoing to CUCM) matching proper digits that need to go each destination.

Hello, thanks for your reply.

Yes I'm planning to configure E1 as PRI circuit and I will need some assistance on this, can you post an example of an E1 config for my case.

And I have already set a SIP Trunk between the router and the UCM, but can you give me an idea about the incoming and outgoing call redirection. Thank you.

Apologies for late response. For PRI connectivity you'll need E1-PRI cross-over cable connected between the devices, then the following config on Cisco side assuming you configure Cisco as ISDN network side:

network-clock-participate slot 0
network-clock-select 1 E1 0/0/0 <--- whichever slot your PRI is in

controller E1 0/0/0 <--- whichever slot your PRI is in
pri-group timeslots 1-31

interface Serial0/0/0:15
no ip address
encapsulation hdlc
isdn switch-type primary-net5
isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn protocol-emulate network
isdn supp-service name calling
no cdp enable

voice-port 0/0/0:15
cptone <country of choice>
bearer-cap Speech

once connected issue "show isdn status" and look for multiple frames establisher status. Next configure dial-peers such these:

voice class codec 1
codec preference 1 g711ulaw

codec preference 2 g711alaw

codec preference 3 g729r8

dial-peer voice 1 pots
description POTS inbound and outbound dial peer
destination-pattern .... <--- whatever should point to other side of PRI
progress_ind setup enable 3
progress_ind alert enable 8
incoming called-number .
direct-inward-dial
port 0/0/0:15

!
dial-peer voice 100 voip
destination-pattern .... <--- whatever should point to CUCM
session target ipv4:<IP of CUCM>

session protocol sipv2
voice-class codec 1
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
ip qos dscp cs3 signaling
no vad

Hello, Thanks for your reply very helpfull. But there is no voice voice-port on my router,

is it going to cause problem for dial-peer voice 1 pots ?

Once you configure the controller as PRI the voice port will be created.