cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Match incoming calls to the names configured in Personal Address Book

Brett DuPont
Level 1
Level 1

So I am well aware there is a bug out there, CSCuq86533 (https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuq86533) about this.  But has anyone heard or know if Cisco ever plans on looking into this? All (3) of my regional clusters (NA, EU & AP) are on 11.5.1, and with us being up to date at this time I get asked about this constantly.

I get numerous complaints from my end-users, especially in corporate offices with execs, their admins and sales people that really want this feature.  Not necessarily the individualized images, but the name matching the number that they have in their address books, similar to what a person programs in their mobile, it shows a name/nickname..  As we know sometimes PSTN only delivers the ANI and not the name, and they want to see who it is as they don't recognize the number, but it is someone they know and since no name shows they don't answer.

Curious on the thoughts out there.

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I doubt we will see this at any time on CUCM.  You can match on ANI and route accordingly, but not by calling name, especially in personal address book.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You require 3rd party apps to do that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Pasha Teplitsky
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Brett,

Hope you are doing well.

We developed such an application.

We provide caller ID for external calls and screen it on your phone.

Drop me an email at pavelt@comm-it.com

You can take a look at the UC applications we offer here

search in-page for "UC Solutions"

Cheers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: