Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

maximum downtime for subscriber

hi all,

i have 1 subscriber down for maintenance,

how long maximum downtime for subscriber before it crash or problem?

what is the problem will show might?

thanks

5 Replies 5

any one know about this thing?  my company need this info, because want to shutdown subscriber for long time to electrical maintenance.

please help

thanks

As Jamie mentioned, there is no documented answer to your question.

If you bring a subscriber node back to the cluster after a while and the database replication doesn't come back, it can usually be restored with the "utils dbreplication" set of commands.

How long are you considering a "long time"?

dear Jonh,

my company man have experience, that he  has problem when he do some maintenance, shutdown for 3 days, when he try to ON the cucm, replication problem happened and he must re-install cucm 8.6 from beginning, and upgrade to 10.5.

do you have experience about this case.

its about 3 days.

thanks

Sorry, I am not aware of an issue related to a 3 day outage.

In my experience, DBReplication can usually be restored with the processes outlined in this document https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/52421/troubleshooting-cucm-database-replication-linux-appliance-model . If you can't get it to work with the information in there, then TAC would be the next step. I would be very surprised if you had to do a full re-install just becuase a subscriber was off for 3 days.

If you are very concerned you could also open a TAC case in advance of your power down, and ask them if they have any insight into these types of situations.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That is not something that is tested, there is no way to tell.

Assuming you don't perform a whole bunch of changes in your system, your SUB should just sync with the CUCM in a short time once you bring it back up.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate